How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Chattanooga
Security cameras can easily be placed as a hindrance—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with a number of features all built to enable all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and two-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these features enable you to have the most from security cameras in Chattanooga.
How To Set Up Your Chattanooga Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your video surveillance in the optimal spots around your living space is the first place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a good notion to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to access the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom may reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Device placement is only the beginning in getting the all you can from home security cameras in Chattanooga. The features listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your mobile device whenever unusual movement is sensed. You can also set cameras to automatically start filming when motions are discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your home security cameras to film and store clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with guests with the device. Via ADT Control, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and provides a more complete view of any space. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120° coverage or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and overlook traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Chattanooga is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your security system rises from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (423) 241-8594 or submit the form below to start personalizing your home security and camera system today.