What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Chattanooga
You understand you must defend your home. After all, it’s where your family lives and is where you have all of your possessions. But what kind of home protection is ideal? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief decisions you will make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Chattanooga and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system connects to an external monitoring service that is set to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. When a door sensor activates or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring agents are issued a notification immediately. They quickly take action to verify the alarm and contact the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with a backup team. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you need to respond to get it resolved. This choice is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Chattanooga
Here’s a short look at the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always a good choice. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or don’t have your phone, your property and its occupants will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems could qualify you for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Top-of-the-line components and flawless integration: When you get equipment, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security specialist, you will enjoy a cohesive system with devices that may be superior to what you will find on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Numerous residents would prefer to have the install done by qualified experts, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This may be satisfactory for most as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Chattanooga
Here’s a quick rundown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: DIYers may think of this as a pro as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an added expense. Other people might wish to use a professional.
- More Flexibility: You can incorporate devices whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find incorporating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency takes place, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t see a security warning? This situation will generate additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require assistance during an install, you might have to employ someone else. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Chattanooga
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Chattanooga from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the best solution for you. Call (423) 241-8594 today to speak with our security experts.